Skip to main content

Maci's Nursery

We are ready. We have everything we could possibly need for this sweet little girl. Everything is washed and put together. All we need is our little Maci to enjoy it all. (Isaiah already has...he's tested the crib, bouncer, bassinet, toys, everything.)


Get here soon, sweet girl! (Just not too soon!)

Some of her clothes neatly washed and put away. I know this won't stay neat so I'm enjoying it while I can.

Her bedding was made by my mother-in-law. So cute, huh?

Maci's room! We didn't get to do this with Isaiah so it's been exciting for us.

She already has so many toys - what a lucky girl to come second! She seriously has so much stuff!

Bow holder. Pinterest-inspired.

The bassinet we borrowed last time isn't available this time around so we decided to get a rock 'n play sleeper instead. I've seen them at the store and thought "how nifty" then read an article about one and how awesome they are and then my sister said all her friends used it and loved it. It was a sign. Plus, it's about 1/3 the cost of a traditional bassinet. Woot! Woot!

Fearfully and wonderfully made.

I mean, seriously. Are you dying? Her first pair of jeggings. Size 3 months. I can't wait to put her toosh in these.

I had to get a diaper shot. I am fully aware this is going to be my life. Newborns on the left, then 1-2's. then 4's for Isaiah, and plenty of wipes on the bottom. We are fully stocked. Thank goodness for Costco!

I have fully been nesting this week. Cleaning out cupboards, organizing bottles (just in case), finding my nipple shield, cleaning out closets, the carpets are cleaned (brand new area rug being delivered), organized the pantry, packed the hospital bag, and the list goes on. Considering little Maci could sneak up on us anytime in the next month or so, I want to be prepared!

Side note: As I'm typing this, I can here Isaiah playing upstairs in her room, pulling everything off the shelves and having a good ol' time with dada. I can't even tell you how many times I've cleaned Maci's room. And she's not even here to make a mess of it. Being a parent to young children is comical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Gluten-Free Crock Pot Meals that Won't Break the Bank

In honor of my dad, this round of crock potting is gluten-free. Over the summer my dad was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and when I found out, I cringed for him. My dad, like me, loves food - all kinds of food but especially pastas, pizzas, bread. How on earth could we take out so many delicious foods that fall under the category of "gluten" and still be satisfied? Apparently it's not as hard as I thought. These recipes are REALLY good, completely satisfying, super easy, and very affordable. I did 30 meals for $168 (this includes a strainer I needed plus disposable trays for the two freezer meals). Keep in mind these recipes are NOT Paleo or AIP. They are simply GLUTEN FREE. That also doesn't mean fat-free or calorie-free. Sorry, folks! ;) You also won't find any cream of whatchamacallit or seasoning packets. Not because I'm completely opposed to them (though I do know they are highly processed and not good for us), but because most, if not all of them...

I Crock Pot.

I crock pot. That's what I do. It's not all I know how to do but, my goodness, the crock pot makes my life so much easier. It simply is the easiest way to have a diverse menu without the stress of spending the afternoon/evening cooking. Dump. Wait. Eat. My other crock pot extravaganza's can be found here (12 meals $60) and here (12 meals $53) . This particular crock potting adventure includes 23 meals (4 freezer, 19 crock pot) for $115. You'll see a few repeat recipes (you've probably figured out our favorites) and many "new" recipes as well. As always, I shopped at Winco because it's cheap. Menu: 1 Tortellini Soup 2 Orange Chicken 2 Apple Honey Pork Roast 2 Creamy Tortellini Soup 2 Italian Sausage and Peppers 1 Ranch Pork Chops 1 Teriyaki Chicken 2 Pulled Pork 2 BBQ Chicken 2 Pork Tacos 2 Ranch Chicken 2 Mac and Cheese (freezer) 2 Shepherd's Pie (freezer) Grocery List: Tortellini (bought in bulk, enough for 3 soups) Elbow...

How We Painted Our Cabinets {and Totally Transformed Our Kitchen}

About 9 months ago I took the plunge and painted our kitchen cabinets. I feel like this is the DIY project that most people are afraid to tackle because, hello! It is the kitchen. So much time is spent in the kitchen and it really is the focal point of the home – if it’s done sloppy, wrong or doesn’t turn out as expected it would be a huge headache and a lot of money to fix. However, this is probably the best DIY project our family has done. Not only did it make a HUGE impact on our home and main living space but it was extremely cost effective at only $150. Once upon a time, our kitchen looked like this: Now it looks like this: It was pretty yellow before. Maple was everywhere. Maple cabinets, maple floors. I walked in this room and it felt like it was constantly glowing (even after I painted the walls a beautiful shade of “perfect greige”). Anyhoo, I knew I wanted a white kitchen. I feel like white cabinets appear decade after decade. They are timeless and cla...