Skip to main content

28 Whole30 Meals for $216


I decided to do Whole30. My concept of "making mostly good choices" isn't working on my almost-30 body so I decided to make some changes. So this round of meals are all Whole30 or paleo approved meals. I'm hoping this will help keep me on track and I will get the results I want. And yes, I know, Whole30 is not a diet but whatever man. 1) I know so many people that have had success stories from using this "diet reset", and 2) I'm competitive and I just want to say I've done it.

Here we go...

Menu|
Tilapia Filets
Blackened Shrimp
Chicken Cobb Salad
Grilled Pineapple & Turkey Burgers
Sausage and Shrimp Skillet
Sausage Bake
Beef and Broccoli
BBQ Chicken Casserole
Gumbo
Pulled Pork
Zucchini Lasagna
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Pork Burrito Bowls

Grocery List |

Meat:
2 bags of frozen Tilapia filets
5 bags of medium shrimp (Get peeled if you can. Trust.)
5 bags of chicken breasts
4 packages of sugar-free bacon
5 smoked sausage or chicken sausage, sugar-free
2 lbs. shredded beef
1 lg. pork loin, 12+ lbs.
2 lbs. ground Italian sausage, sugar-free
2 lbs. ground beef

Produce:
2 pineapples or 2 cans of pineapples canned in water
Ginger root
3 spaghetti squashes
1 red onion
2 bell peppers
1 onion
10 zucchinis
2 limes
1 bunch cilantro

Seasonings:
Worchestshire Sauce
Liquid Aminos
Sesame Oil
Fish Sauce
Arrowroot Powder (I had to order this online)
Garlic
Balsamic Vinegar
Chipotle Powder
All Spice
Buffalo Hot Sauce
Cajon Seasoning
Mrs. Dash Chicken
Chili powder
Cayenne pepper
Mustard Seed
Lemon Pepper

Freezer:
4 bags of broccoli florets
1 bag frozen okra

Canned:
4 tomato paste
1 tomato sauce
1 jar apple sauce, unsweetened
2 cans tomatoes
2 jars marinara, sugar-free
1 carton chicken stock
2 cans of Rotel

Other:
1 carton of eggs
Gallon Hefty bags
4 disposable trays (for convenience)

I shopped at Winco and my total was $216.

Okay, once home, label bags. The tilapia will go straight in the freezer, along with 2 bags of shrimp and 2 packages of the chicken or smoked sausage. The trays are for the lasagna and the BBQ chicken bake. Label the rest of the bags accordingly, then just work your way through each meal.

I went ahead and got the 2 lbs. of ground beef and 2 lbs. of Italian sausage cooking. I also cut all the spaghetti squash in half, scooped out the seeds, rubbed with EVOO and a little salt and roasted them face up for 1 hr. at 400 while I prepped everything else. Also, put one bag of chicken in the crock pot on high with some salt. This will also be for the chicken bake.

Tilapia Filets

Freeze one bag of tilapia filets.

Thaw and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Chicken seasoning and pan fry or grill with EVOO.

Blackened Shrimp

1 bag of shrimp (peel removed)
Season with smoked paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Thaw and grill and serve with an avocado, asparagus, and spinach salad.

Chicken Cobb Salad

1.5 lbs. of chicken breasts
Season with Mrs. Dash Chicken
Freeze 1 package of bacon

Thaw and grill. Serve sliced on top of salad with avocado, egg, bacon and this Whole30 ranch recipe:
(This recipe is from Against All Grain)

Grilled Pineapple & Turkey Burgers

1 pineapple sliced or 1 can of whole pineapple slices canned in water
1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 Tablespoon Worcestshire sauce
Smoked Paprika
Salt and Pepper
Form into patties

Thaw and grill burger and pineapple. Serve with lettuce buns

Sausage and Shrimp Skillet
1 package chicken sausage
1 bag shrimp

Thaw and cook in a skillet with veggies. Season however you wish.

Sausage Bake

1 package smoked sausage
1 bag frozen broccoli florets

Thaw and slice. Add diced sweet potatoes, toss with EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano. Bake at 415 for 45 minutes.

Beef and Broccoli

1 lb. shredded beef
4 T liquid aminos
1 2/3 T Sesame Oil
1 T fish sauce
2 pieces of ginger root
1 tsp of arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

6 hours on low. Add frozen broccoli 30 minutes before serving on top of cauliflower rice.

BBQ Chicken Casserole

1.5 cooked spaghetti squash
1/2 diced red onion
1.5 lbs of shredded chicken (from crock pot)
1.5 cups of Whole30 approved BBQ sauce, I used this recipe:
(Note: I added too much chili powder because my grocery store only had chipotle chili powder. I'll skip the chili powder next time.)

This is also a great BBQ sauce option from Against All Grain. It's sweeter, which I like. You just blend everything together and then let it simmer for 15 minutes.

3 eggs
1 package of cooked bacon (for topping)

Mix everything (but the bacon) together in a tray. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with some Whole30 ranch.

Gumbo

2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 lb. peeled shrimp
1/2 smoked sausage
6 oz. tomato paste
1 can tomatoes
1/2 bag frozen okra
1 diced green pepper
1 diced onion
Season with garlic, 2 bay leaves, pepper, Cajun seasoning, Thyme, and cayenne pepper (optional)

8 hrs. on low. Serve over cauli-rice or just eat straight up.

Pulled Pork

3 lbs. pork loin
Season with garlic, chili powder, mustard seed, Smoked paprika, salt, pepper
2 Tbsp. apple sauce

8 hrs. on low. Serve in a baked sweet potato.

Zucchini Lasagna

1 lb. ground sausage, cooked
1 lb. ground beef, cooked
1.5 jars mariniar
5 zucchinis thinly sliced, long-ways

Using the tray and the sliced zucchini as noodles, layer zucchini and sauce in the tray. Thaw and Bake for 30-45 at 375. (Note: I added cheese on half of this for my kids.)

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

1.5 lbs. of chicken breasts
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce

7-8 hrs. on low. Shred and stuff in a potato or sweet potato. Add some Whole30 ranch if you want.

Cilantro Lime Chicken

1.5 lbs. of chicken breasts
1.2 bunch of chopped cilantro
1 lime, sliced
season with lemon pepper

Thaw and grill.

Pork Burrito Bowls

3 lbs. pork loin
Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic, salt and pepper

8 hrs. on low. Shred and serve on top of cauli-rice with Rotel tomatoes and chilis and cilantro (and any other Whole30 approved taco toppings).

**NOTE: Each recipe is written for one meal. Make 2 of each.

And that'll do it. I'll check in in 30 days or so. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Hi!

    Thank you for sharing this amazing post. I've been doing some research on whole30 and am struggling with meal prep ideas and also budget. This is incredibly helpful. Thank you so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI- Quinoa is not whole30 compliant. Since it acts like a grain and is often a substitute for rice or cereal, it is actually off limits!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30 Gluten-Free Crock Pot Meals that Won't Break the Bank

In honor of my dad, this round of crock potting is gluten-free. Over the summer my dad was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and when I found out, I cringed for him. My dad, like me, loves food - all kinds of food but especially pastas, pizzas, bread. How on earth could we take out so many delicious foods that fall under the category of "gluten" and still be satisfied? Apparently it's not as hard as I thought. These recipes are REALLY good, completely satisfying, super easy, and very affordable. I did 30 meals for $168 (this includes a strainer I needed plus disposable trays for the two freezer meals). Keep in mind these recipes are NOT Paleo or AIP. They are simply GLUTEN FREE. That also doesn't mean fat-free or calorie-free. Sorry, folks! ;) You also won't find any cream of whatchamacallit or seasoning packets. Not because I'm completely opposed to them (though I do know they are highly processed and not good for us), but because most, if not all of them

How We Painted Our Cabinets {and Totally Transformed Our Kitchen}

About 9 months ago I took the plunge and painted our kitchen cabinets. I feel like this is the DIY project that most people are afraid to tackle because, hello! It is the kitchen. So much time is spent in the kitchen and it really is the focal point of the home – if it’s done sloppy, wrong or doesn’t turn out as expected it would be a huge headache and a lot of money to fix. However, this is probably the best DIY project our family has done. Not only did it make a HUGE impact on our home and main living space but it was extremely cost effective at only $150. Once upon a time, our kitchen looked like this: Now it looks like this: It was pretty yellow before. Maple was everywhere. Maple cabinets, maple floors. I walked in this room and it felt like it was constantly glowing (even after I painted the walls a beautiful shade of “perfect greige”). Anyhoo, I knew I wanted a white kitchen. I feel like white cabinets appear decade after decade. They are timeless and cla

Each Day Has Enough Trouble of Its Own

Sometimes we hear exactly what we need to hear. That's what happened to me this week. Along with motherhood, as many of you know, comes so much worry. Worry about the well-being of your child. Worry about doing things correctly. Worry about giving enough time to your children and enough time to your husband. Worry about finding enough time for yourself. Worry about being a good mom and a good wife. Worry about getting enough sleep tonight so I can have enough energy to get through tomorrow. The list of worries and anxieties go on and on. They don't tell you about this when we sign up to be parent. Or do they? Anyway, last week I was reading the Bible. While studying the book of Matthew I came across this verse: "But seek first His kingdom and all His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34 Isn't that script