Skip to main content

Mac & Cheese

                                             
I love mac and cheese. Creamy, gooey, cheesey, baked goodness. Perfect for any holiday get together. And it's easier than all get out. 

Ingredients:
1 lb. elbow macaroni
1 can cheddar cheese soup
4 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup milk
8 oz. sour cream
Seasoned salt
Pepper
Powdered garlic
1 stick of butter

Step 1:
Boil your pasta and drain.


Step 2: 
In a pot, melt one stick of butter.

Step 3:
Add 1 cup cheddar cheese soup (adds the artificial goodness of life), 1 cup milk, and 8 oz. sour cream.
At this point I also add 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.

Step 4:
Add 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (leave a little extra out for the top). Stir until completely melted.

Step 5:
Stir in cooked pasta.

Step 6:
In a buttered baking dish, add the mac and cheese and top with some shredded cheese for extra credit.

Step 7:
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

While this recipe can be made ahead of time and baked the day of, Mac and Cheese ALWAYS tastes better when made and served the same day. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Gluten-Free Crock Pot Meals that Won't Break the Bank

In honor of my dad, this round of crock potting is gluten-free. Over the summer my dad was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and when I found out, I cringed for him. My dad, like me, loves food - all kinds of food but especially pastas, pizzas, bread. How on earth could we take out so many delicious foods that fall under the category of "gluten" and still be satisfied? Apparently it's not as hard as I thought. These recipes are REALLY good, completely satisfying, super easy, and very affordable. I did 30 meals for $168 (this includes a strainer I needed plus disposable trays for the two freezer meals). Keep in mind these recipes are NOT Paleo or AIP. They are simply GLUTEN FREE. That also doesn't mean fat-free or calorie-free. Sorry, folks! ;) You also won't find any cream of whatchamacallit or seasoning packets. Not because I'm completely opposed to them (though I do know they are highly processed and not good for us), but because most, if not all of them...

I Crock Pot.

I crock pot. That's what I do. It's not all I know how to do but, my goodness, the crock pot makes my life so much easier. It simply is the easiest way to have a diverse menu without the stress of spending the afternoon/evening cooking. Dump. Wait. Eat. My other crock pot extravaganza's can be found here (12 meals $60) and here (12 meals $53) . This particular crock potting adventure includes 23 meals (4 freezer, 19 crock pot) for $115. You'll see a few repeat recipes (you've probably figured out our favorites) and many "new" recipes as well. As always, I shopped at Winco because it's cheap. Menu: 1 Tortellini Soup 2 Orange Chicken 2 Apple Honey Pork Roast 2 Creamy Tortellini Soup 2 Italian Sausage and Peppers 1 Ranch Pork Chops 1 Teriyaki Chicken 2 Pulled Pork 2 BBQ Chicken 2 Pork Tacos 2 Ranch Chicken 2 Mac and Cheese (freezer) 2 Shepherd's Pie (freezer) Grocery List: Tortellini (bought in bulk, enough for 3 soups) Elbow...

How We Painted Our Cabinets {and Totally Transformed Our Kitchen}

About 9 months ago I took the plunge and painted our kitchen cabinets. I feel like this is the DIY project that most people are afraid to tackle because, hello! It is the kitchen. So much time is spent in the kitchen and it really is the focal point of the home – if it’s done sloppy, wrong or doesn’t turn out as expected it would be a huge headache and a lot of money to fix. However, this is probably the best DIY project our family has done. Not only did it make a HUGE impact on our home and main living space but it was extremely cost effective at only $150. Once upon a time, our kitchen looked like this: Now it looks like this: It was pretty yellow before. Maple was everywhere. Maple cabinets, maple floors. I walked in this room and it felt like it was constantly glowing (even after I painted the walls a beautiful shade of “perfect greige”). Anyhoo, I knew I wanted a white kitchen. I feel like white cabinets appear decade after decade. They are timeless and cla...